Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Women In The Word Wednesdays~03/16/11

(Click on the button above for more WITWW posts!)

"Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and get gain"; wheras you do not know about tomorrow. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and we shall do this or that." James 4:13-15 RSV

Now, I don't think it means we can't make plans, or try and prepare for the future. I just think we need to be in constant awareness, that the future belongs to God. We can make those plans, but should be prepared for the Lord to change them if He wills, and not go into a fit over it, or be caught off guard and have the wrong attitude or response.

I used to pray every morning, when we lived in Georgia, for God to guide my day. For Him to lead me, and rebuke satan, that I would stay in His path for my life. I would ask that He help me make all my decisions and be with me every time that I spoke, so that I would speak His words, and not my own. I also asked that He hold my tongue when I should not speak so that I might not sin against Him. (I'm very bad in that area) It's been a few months now, that I haven't been praying this every morning, and God has definitely told me that it's time to return to doing so. I am a planner. I feel much more comfortable having a firm plan in place for everything, but this leads me to great disappointment when it doesn't work out, and sometimes I have even looked like a fool, saying I know somethings going to happen, and then it doesn't!

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. It only makes sense to lean on the One who does, and include Him in our plans!!! An elder woman in the church in Georgia, who really was a Titus 2 woman for me, always said, "Lord willing." She said it so much, that I really pondered it, and if it was necessary. But as time went along, I realized how much everything really was, "Lord willing!" Something as simple as driving to the post office, can be delayed with a suddenly bad starter, or keys being locked in the car! She taught me to always remember that the future is in God's hands, and all I can do is live each day for Him, and see where that takes me! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment