Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Friday, April 2, 2010

Project Organized Home~Before and After


YAY! I finally get to show you some pictures of what we've been working on! I'm going to start with a picture I promised you several weeks ago...sorry bout that...the picture of my kitchen with the new matching stove. But of course we must do a...
Before...

After...


Isn't it beautiful! For the first time in my whole adult life...I have matching appliances! And the new, high table and stools have just made this almost a dream kitchen for me! I'm still hoping hubby can make me more cabinets and counter tops against the fridge wall someday, but I'm not anxious...I love what I came up with for that wall, and it will do for however long!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, on to the very present. Since hubby didn't get his shop done yet, and I couldn't start the spring cleaning projects I wanted to start, I found something else to do. All it cost me, so far, is $20.00 and a WHOLE LOT OF TIME! I wish I had better pictures to choose from for the before, but this is the only one I have on the computer, so I'll show you the before and after, and give you a chance to figure out what all we did!


Before...


After...



Well, one of the obvious things is, I am painting the deck white! By the way, sorry about the hazy photo, it was early and my lens kept fogging up! The planters have been there, but now they "pop" and I can't wait to see how they look when the flowers grow and hang over the edge! Right now I have pansies and petunias in them, but soon I will replace the pansies with some green foliage of my choosing...I haven't decided what yet. I've done vinca vine, fern, and ivy in the past. Last year I put impatiens in these planters, and they were spectacular! They grew so huge, and full!
I only have one coat on most of the porch so far, and some of the lattice isn't even painted yet, but I've gotten a great start, and couldn't delay showing you some pictures! I love how my Easter flag matches so well!


These two pictures (above and below) show you why this is taking me so long! I have to paint all the different angles of the lattice, and I have to paint around all the ivy! I'm trying not to paint the ivy, because it's beautiful and I love it. I think it will really look pretty when it grows out again in front of that crisp white color, instead of the brown wood stain. But man, is it taking forever. Plus, it's warm enough now, that the wasps have come out in full-force and I have to paint in the early morning and late evening to avoid them. There are over 50 if them during the day, trying to nest in our shudders. We spray them, kill a bunch, and then more come...aahhh!

So, did you figure out what all we did? ..other than take down the Christmas lights! I'll give you a hint, we added things, and took something big away! Let me know in your comments what you've noticed, and I'll tell you tomorrow, just what all we did!

3 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful! You've been working hard.
    In your new house picture I can see something over the front door. :)
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see something new over the door, and a missing tree. Did I get them both right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, painting that lattice would take forever! Very ambitious project.

    I know what you took away - the tree!

    ReplyDelete