Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I AM Wednesday

I AM...

...going to start drinking 6 glasses of water a day

...going to take my vitamins EVERY day

...going to make a checklist every morning of what I want to accomplish each day, and use it as a guide for my day

...determined to put everything in it's place, and KEEP it there!

...focusing on reverencing my husband as the bible commands

...putting our families financial goals in front of my "wants"

...asking God to give me wisdom about what is a "want" and what is a "need" for our family

...praying earnestly for my extended family. They are always in my thoughts and in my heart, but too often I neglect them in my prayers

...reading my bible and christian growth book EVERY NIGHT so as to be sensitive to God's will and at peace in my heart

I AM really trying to be a good steward of all that God has given me. Reminding myself, that to whom much is given, much is required. God has given me eternal life, saved me from a life that had no value or worth, and given me a strong, loving, faithful husband and 4 beautiful, precious individually different children to bless my days. He's also provided me with a wonderful home in which to make a haven of rest for my husband, and a safe & loving environment for my children to grow and learn according to His Word. How blessed I AM and how much more I need to be doing to show my gratitude!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that wonderfully encouraging post. A lot of the things you mentioned are things that I need to start doing also, so this post was kind of a wake-up call of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post!! Very encouraging :) Blessings to you! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals & high standards to work for and with the Lord's help you will achieve them! Give yourself time to make the shifts...I've been implementing new standards of behavior for myself the last couple of months and it's not always easy but God's grace is new everyday! Sending you hugs & love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts and goals! Many of them are some I have, too!

    ReplyDelete