Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Friday, May 7, 2010

Project Organized Home-I WENT CRAZY!

Well, do you know what happens when you have these lying around the house...

And a whole bunch of these...?
And you have to stay on your feet all day, because sitting is the worst thing you can do for your lower back issues? Well, I don't know what you would do, but in the following pictures, you will see what I did...!
An old black iron lamp got a redo! I'm glad I did it too, because when hubby saw it, he said, "that looks nice. I was getting ready to throw that thing in the trash!" I guess I saved this poor lamp from it's doom, without even knowing it!

I had some canvas that I was saving for some more oil paintings, but with my youngest being so curious, I haven't been able to get out the oil paints and thinner. Just too dangerous to her well being! So, they worked perfect for some acrylic painting. Acrylic dries fast, and you can clean up the brushes with soap and water! I originally was going to hang them here, as a group, but it didn't want to lose my last supper painting, so they got moved to the other side of the room. As you can see, I also went completely crazy, painting on the walls! This is one of my all time favorite scriptures!

My 5 year old daughter begged me to paint all over the "kids corner." How can I refuse?

So below is how the wall ended out. I do like still having my Last Supper up, and it matches the room so well. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the colors in it, actually match the colors in the flowers on the wall as well....

I know my dining room looked great, and showcase like before, but doesn't this add so much color to the room?! I feel so much more cheerful and uplifted when I walk into the room now. And this room is where the boys do their schoolwork most days, so it's nice to have it brighter for them. I like having the three paintings here, as shown in the picture below, because they tie that side of the room together. The dining room has always been a challenge to pull together, because it has 5 doors or doorways and one window in it..plus the stairs. I think this is the best it's ever looked as far as tying the whole room together...!


So, now you know what happens when I have to stay busy for too long! I could've done more laundry, but you can only do so much of that you know?! And even though it's crazy, it fit our personalities and makes our home better for us!

5 comments:

  1. Very original! That's something I would never attempt - freehand painting. I'm not artistic that way. Your letters came out so pretty, they look stenciled. You've got natural talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely! Wow you did all that? Very creative!! You did it so well! So inviting it is! I think it's pretty! Have a good day! Happy Mother's Day my friend, if I don't blog over the weekend! :) ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you my dear friends!
    I got my artistic talent from my mother. She can't decorate to save her life, but man can she paint and draw! I'll never be as good at that as she is, but I'm thankful for what ability she did pass on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - beautiful! It is very, very cheerful! Can you come to my house and bring your paints and brushes, pleeease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristilea, Great job!!! You have been busy.

    Thank You for all your prayers, They help so much. You are such a blessing. Happy Mothers Day. I pray you are feeling better and had a perfect day. Much Love,

    ReplyDelete