Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Monday, June 28, 2010

Move It Monday

Good morning to everyone! I can't believe it's Monday already and we are only 6 days away from July 4th! We haven't even begun to discuss what we will be doing to celebrate this wonderful Holiday. I do need to get a few more decorations outside though. I've gotten my decorative flag up already, but I usually put out some little American flags and some fake red, white, and blue flowers. I'll have to work on that today as well.

I am still trying to recover from a sinus infection, which is really hard to do without antibiotics. One day I hope to have insurance and a doctor again. Oh, how I miss going in and being seen anytime I need it. That's the only downfall to living here. I haven't been able to do that since we moved here almost 3 years ago. If it just won't go away, I'll go to one of the Walgreen's care clinics, but that's $65 plus medicine...I don't want to spend that unless I have to. That's one nights hotel stay in Kansas. We need the money for that.

So, today I have quite the list of things to do. I fell behind this weekend. I need to:

Wash the dishes

Start a load of laundry

Clean counters

Second load of laundry

Sweep and mop kitchen floor

Vacuum dining room floor

Third load of laundry

Pull more garage sale items


So, that's my day. Gotta keep it moving! I won't be making my special Monday morning breakfast today. I splurged this weekend with family and friends, and enjoyed every minute of it! But now, I have to have some very low caloric intake days to make up for it. I'm not expecting much of a loss this week, but that's okay. I've accomplished some great things in the last 2 months, and I'll give myself one week "off" from the pressures of losing weight!

So tell me...anything special you are doing on the 4th?!


7 comments:

  1. Hi there, I do wish you were feeling better!! 4th of July plans are still in the "tweaking" stages but I'm looking forward to the time with my husband and children!! I wish you a happy Monday! Don't forget to enjoy the day besides all those chores ;) Blessings to you! ~Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, Sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. Have you tried any of the otc meds? Are you having an online yard sale? Hope your sale goes great. Have a great week and get well soon. Blessings, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we're in the same boat - my sinuses are sore and swollen, and my throat feels like someone took sandpaper to it. Hope we both feel better soon! I haven't put any 4th of July decor except on my blog. I'll have to figure something out to make my home look more patriotic. Hope you have a fruitful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur list is so much like mine. In fact when I come to your blog I am reminded of what I need to do lol. We are getting over a flu bug here, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. I don't know if you're taking anything for it, but Mucinex-D usually works really well for me when I have a sinus infection. The generic brand is usually about 1/2 the price, too. As for what we're doing for the 4th - we're going to my husband's family reunion. It will be fun to get away. A lot of his family has yet to meet our little Sweet Pea, who is now almost 8 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs P- I hope you all have a wonderful time! I so enjoyed showing off my little one's for the first time to all our family! Family get-togethers and reunions are just wonderful!

    Arlene-I hope you get better soon. It just doesn't seem right to be sick in the middle of summer, does it?! I couldn't get much accomplised today, the energy just wasn't there. I hope to do better tomorrow. Hubby was so sweet about it though! I'll be praying for you to get well too!

    Crystal-thank you, and I hope you are all completely well soon too! I also hope you did better at getting your list done today than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Amy! I did enjoy my day. When I couldn't did deep enough to find the energy for the rest of my task list, I layed down and watched a great movie with dancing in it! I love watching dancing. I promised my 5 year old daughter that we would watch tennis tomorrow...that will be fun too. She needs some cuddle time, and I love watching Wimbledon. It's one of the highlights of my summers!

    ReplyDelete