Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weight Loss Wendesday


Well, I am frustrated to report that my weight loss for the week was only 1 pound. It really fluctuated this week and I was lighter than I am today, twice in the last week! I'm sure it has something to do with water, and blah blah blah, because I have a skirt that I tried on last Wednesday, and I tried it on today, and it fits much better. So my body shape is saying that I lost more than 1 pound! It was just so frustrating to see that number this morning, after all the hard work I've put in at the gym. I'm not too discouraged though, just frustrated. I'm looking on the positive side and focusing on all the good changes I see in my figure and my overall health. Hopefully, the scale will be nicer to me next week!

5 comments:

  1. Kristi, I heard we should weigh ourselves right after we get up in the morning.
    Im with you on weight loss :) I am trying to get from 133 to 125 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fret! If you're exercising, you're still burning fat but gaining muscle which weighs more. You should get your measurements and go by that as well as the scale. If your clothes are fitting better, that's a sure sign you've lost weight. Don't let the numbers on the scale discourage you! And anyway, one pound lost is way better than one pound gained!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I get dressed or eat anything. (I make sure I've gone to the restroom though!)

    Arlene, I did just that this afternoon and found that I've lost 7 inches from my arms, legs, stomach and hips since 4/20! Just thinking of how much I must of lost over my whole body makes me so happy! I do think it's an important part of keeping track of weight loss. The scale isn't always going to reflect every bit of hard work and eating discipline put in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good post Kristi! It reminds me that we walk by faith and not by sight. Keep your goals in front of you and remember that the Lord looks upon the heart and not the outward appearance.

    Also, we have a FABULOUS product that takes inches off as well as helping you to detox (which is a big reason why people have trouble losing weight)

    It may or may not be for you, but here is the link, in case. Have a happy day!

    http://lifeforce.net/index.php?mode=products&section=12&key=17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, You are doing a great job. Glad you are feeling better. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete