Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday


Here it is Wednesday again...boy the days are just flying by aren't they?! I'm not going to complain right now though. I want the days to fly by right out of this heat we're having! I've never tolerated the heat well. I don't know if it's just how God made me, or if growing up in Colorado where your body has to be cold tolerant and not heat tolerant, is to blame. I know our bodies adapt to our environment, but when you hide in the air-conditioning, it hinders that process I think! lol
Well moving on, I've lost 3.8 pounds this week! Yes, a very successful week indeed! I think there is one main thing that helped me this week. Focus. I stayed focused on the goal this week. Not just the numbers, but the whole idea that I want to be healthy and I want to look good. Over eating, not exercising or eating the wrong foods is not going to get me to that goal or keep me there either. I do think that was the main difference from the last not so great two weeks that I had. I also found a new food item that has really helped me this week, so I'm going to share that with you....

I made a delicious veggie tray and kept it in the fridge. When I emptied one section, I got out more from the drawer and cut it up and put it in the tray. This way, I always had fresh veggies at my fingertips. Quick and tasty! If I was hungry, I'd get it out and eat a few. Sweet tooth, got this out and ate some until my craving went away. Broccoli is my favorite, so I had to refill it quite often! This is so handy though, because I'm not one to have to wash, cut and prepare broccoli every time I'm hungry. Normally, I'd just find something else to eat, and I assure you it wouldn't be as healthy! A couple times this week, I also got out this tray and snacked a little before dinner. It kept me from eating too much of the dinner. I was pretty full before I even had dinner done.

I love having ranch dressing with my veggies and salads, and I've never been able to give that up. I've tried all other kinds, and I can't find anything else that even compares for me, so you can imagine how happy I was to find this! A lot of the store bought light ranch dressings, or fat free are not healthy at all. Some are even worse than regular ranch dressing...sometimes it's better to take the high fat and calories than the junk they put in it to reduce those things. But this...oh, this is good stuff! Half the fat and calories than regular dressings, but no high-fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, gluten free and no MSG! Plus, it has probiotics. How many, I don't know. But it's better than anything else I've found so far! I found this at our local Ingles in the produce department. It was above the packaged salads. It has to be kept cold, so you won't find it on the regular salad dressing shelves.

Have a wonderful week, grab a glass of ice cold water, and have a drink to good health!


4 comments:

  1. I have GOT to look for that dressing! I like veggies with ranch dressing too, and I've stopped buying it for the same reason. This looks like the perfect alternative.

    Congratulations on your weight loss this week! The veggie tray is a great idea for getting away from the snacks we typically turn to. I've been keeping more yogurts in the house for the same reason. As long as there's something healthy to reach for I'm okay. You're doing the right thing, and it shows! Woot Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - wonderful week and I know you are super happy with that result! Veggie tray - yummy! And I'm completely with Arlene - I hope I can find that dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. W-A-Y to G-O!! YaY for you!! What a really wonderful food tip, I think I just might have to put that one into practice!! I Hope you're having a great summer! Blessings to you! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete