Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook-7/27/10


Well good Tuesday morning to you! This post takes me so long, and I've noticed that I haven't gotten one up in a while. I was up early this morning though, and already knocked a few things of my list, so I'll atempt one today! For more daybook posts, go to Peggy's Blog and enjoy all that you have time for!

The Simple Woman's Daybook-July

For Today...July 27th, 2010

Outside my window~ the grass is breathing a sigh of relief from the rain yesterday, and begging for more. The heat has been so bad this year, and the grass is trying to die early. It may get it's wish though, because there is more rain in the forecast today.


On my mind~ Everything that needs to be done for our trip in 11 DAYS!


I am thankful for~ the Lord giving a friend at church a healthy baby boy, this past Friday. When we first moved here, it was just her and her husband, and now they have two little boys! God is good!


From the learning rooms~Trying to decide if we should start on the 2nd like we had planned, and the public schools in our county are, or if we should wait until we are back from our trip. Either way, I'm going to be getting it all put together and organized this week. I can't believe I have a 5th grader this year!


From the kitchen~ ahh, my beautiful and clean kitchen! I think we are going basic tonight with turkey sausage links, mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes. I am spending the remaining days leading up to our trip, eating everything we can out of the cupboards, fridge, freezer and deep freeze. It will save money, and I will have less food that will go to waste.
I am wearing~ an almost hot pink shirt and brown gauchos. They are perfect for busy days around the house, because they are technically pants, but they are loose and flowy like a skirt.


I am creating~ packing lists for our trip, so that we don't forget anything in the last minute craziness!


I am going~to a dear friend's house for a lunch date. Can't wait! The kids enjoy themselves just as much as I do. They don't need kids their own age to play with to enjoy themselves. They just love having someone who loves them, and is friendly and takes real interest in them. Most of their fun stories, aren't what they did with their friends, but what some of the older fun gentlemen and ladies joked with them about after church!


I am reading~ Disciplines of a Godly Woman, Bringing up Boys, and I have Bringing up Girls in the mail right as this very moment!


I am hearing~ the kids argue over what they are going to watch on Netflix this morning. This is an every morning routine. It's hard to find one show that will make all 4 kids happy. I must admit, I love Netflix instant streaming video though. We use it through our Wii console, and I go online and pick movies or tv episodes that are appropriate for them, and put it in a queue. Then they can turn on the Wii, go to Netflix and select what they want to watch from the queue right on the television screen! Just great!


A few plans for the rest of the week~ oh goodness, how I can I just list a few?! *Laundry, laundry and more laundry*packing lists*suitcases out*last minute vehicle maintenance*mow and trim the yard*haircuts*I could go on and on!


From my picture journal~


For the most beautiful pictures of my home state that you will ever see, go to this website, and stand in awe of God's beautiful work!




I tell you, we are so close now, I can hear the mountains calling me! It's been 6 years since I have embraced their beauty and sheer tranquility. I AM SO READY!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My youngest son is entering 5th grade this year too. Just wait till they hit the college years; that's when you really start asking, "Where did the time go?!" Is your oldest daughter starting school with her brothers this year also?

    I'm so thankful to the Lord that He is allowing your family to make this trip. I pray you all have a safe and fun trip, that you get to see all your family and friends and come back filled from all the wonderful fellowship and time spent relaxing. It is exciting that we'll be on vacation at the same time! We're all sooo looking forward to it. Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she will Arlene, and she's so excited about it! I am too. She wants to read so bad, and it will be a pleasure to teach such an eager student! I can't wait to teach a girl and see how she differs from the boys. Of course, they all are different in their own ways, but I know most girls mentaly mature faster, and this will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete