Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Friday, January 29, 2010

Project Organized Home

I have had our school work scattered everywhere for years. I've never had a good place to hold all the workbooks, score keys, readers, flashcards, pencils, etc., etc., etc., and I was finally determined to get it all at least in the same room. We found these wonderful and affordable bookshelves at Walmart, and I was able to buy one at a time until we had enough. They look just beautiful and are really sturdy considering the price. They hold all the books and keys, along with photo albums, my books, a laminator, pictures in frames, and so much more! I still haven't finished organizing it yet, but I have something else exciting coming up next week, so I had to share this now. We moved my desk into the living room as well, so I now have everything I need in the same room. There is a BIG cabinet in here that my husband built and it holds all the rest of the things we need...play-doh, colors, paints, crafts, etc. I feel so great having all this stuff organized and much more functional! No longer do I have to run all over the house to grab things for school! I'll post pictures later!


Every week I will have a post here of something that I've done to make a more "organized home". It may be something new I'm trying, or a place in the house I've organized. It could be a craft project, a remodel of something....anything that makes the home more organized, functional or cozy. You are welcome to leave comments of what you've done, or if you wish you can even use my post picture and participate yourself. I don't do all the html stuff, so I won't have a button, or Mr. Linky here, but you can leave a comment, and let us know we need to go check your blog out for a corresponding post! I do not mind one bit if you copy and paste the "project organized home" picture to put on your post.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures! I am always trying to find ways to better organize all of our homeschooling stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to get organized? This morning, I finally got my office desk organized better. It feels so much better when things are neat.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is a wonderful feeling to have your schoolroom organized! It makes for a happier start to the day to be able to sit down and get right to it!

    ReplyDelete