Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... January 25th, 2010


Outside my window...the sun is trying to dry out all the rain and mud we ended up with this weekend. We barely got home from church last night. One of the roads that we take home from church was covered in water from flash flooding. Last year was a record year for precipitation levels in Georgia. This year is off to a wet start as well.

I am thinking...of what direction I'm going to take this blog in now.

I am thankful for... being here in my home with my children.

I am wearing... a long black dress. My favorite dress....very comfy, and you can dress it up or dress it down.

I am remembering... so many important prayer requests to keep in mind all day.

I am going... to take Mr. Know It All to piano practice today. I have to bring the checkbook for new books this time.

I am currently reading... Disciplines of a Godly Woman~Excellent Book!!!!

I am hoping... to get some exercise in today!

On my mind... my dear friend who has lost enough children to miscarriage, I'm praying this one gets to stay with her for a long, long, time.

Noticing that... there isn't enough time in the day~not a new concept, but ever more present I guess.

Pondering these words... God's will won't ever lead you where His grace won't follow. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says "And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ will rest upon me."

From the kitchen... such a mess. We had an unusual weekend that led to me not keeping up with dishes. I need to get those knocked out today so I can be cooking from scratch all week.

Around the house... the kids are getting their Monday chores done, and I'm grading papers so they can get their schoolwork started.

One of my favorite things...Decaff coffee with Belgian White Chocolate Macadamia creamer! I'm gonna have to drop this though, if I can't get more exercise in. The calories in the creamer are many!

From my picture journal...



We transplanted these last fall, to a new place in the yard. I saw them this morning and it just reminded me how much I love them, and I really hope they bloom okay this year after being moved.



For more Simple Woman's Daybook posts, go to Peggy's blog where she graciously hosts them!

6 comments:

  1. We're getting a bunch of much needed rain today too. That's an interesting coffee drink - I'm a plain jane type, always drink either black with regular creamer or espresso. And piping hot too - I can't stand ice coffee!

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like ice coffee either...AT ALL! My husband loves it though. I used to only drink my coffee with a little sugar, no creamer. But a friend and neighbor of mine drinks her coffee really strong, and I opted to put some creamer in it to make it tolerable for me...that was it, I was hooked....guess what kind of creamer she had?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What piano books are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's currently using Bastien Popular Hymns, and John W. Schaum Paino Course, but we switched piano teachers a few months ago, and she wants to change what lesson books he uses. She's also getting him started on a theory book. She's made the books we have work for this long, to save us money, but I've told her we can switch him now. She is an extraordinary teacher, and I trust her completely. He has shown great improvement since we switched to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy: coffee and creamer. I'm hooked too. I exercise "enough" to work around it. Such a fun snapshot into your life! blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family and blog! I am thankful everyday for being able to be home with my kids, too!

    I enjoyed your daybook... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete