Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday


Well since today is the first post since I've deleted all my old ones, I won't do a weigh-in today. That will have to come next week! I will say that I have been doing my very best to eat much healthier foods, and cook from scratch whenever possible. I've been clipping more coupons and looking for more marked down produce and meats. This really allows me to afford to cook healthier for everyone in the house, not just myself. I've been doing better at getting in regular exercise as well. I did so much on the Wii yesterday, that today my arms, shoulders, and legs are REALLY sore. I love that feeling...it doesn't bother me one bit. I love to feel like I did something really physical that is going to do great things for the health of my body.
I will share with you today that I have already seen great things come from eating better foods, even though I haven't lost much weight yet. I have a skin condition that no one has been able to identify yet. I haven't been able to see a doctor about it in the last 2 1/2 years, since I don't have health insurance, and in that time it has got exceedingly worse. It's on my right hand, right and left ankle, and on the top of my left foot. It's weird. It doesn't itch, burn, or irritate in anyway. If it weren't for being able to see it, I wouldn't even know it's there. It is raised a little, but not much, you can barely feel it. It doesn't brake open, or flake, it's not psoriasis. It just looks bad, and it worries me not knowing what it is, or what has caused it. I was also extremely worried about how bad it would get...it just kept spreading.
Since I have started eating better, it has DRAMATICALLY improved! You can't hardly see it on my right hand anymore, and it's pretty faint on my right ankle as well. It's still as large as it has been on my left ankle and top of my foot, but it is much less noticeable. It's getting closer and closer to my skin color every day. It used to be a very dark pink, almost red. I haven't done anything else that would affect it, so I have to attribute it to the change in my diet. I still don't know what it is, and it may not go completely away, or it could get worse again...I don't know. I do know, that for now, it seems that eating better foods, and less junk is really making a difference!
Weight wise, I will start off saying that I have 58 lbs to go still, until I reach my ultimate goal. I am a size 16/18 right now, and I want to be a size 10. My husband said he loves me just the way I am, and he doesn't want me to be less than a 12, so we'll just see what happens. He ultimately wants what I want, and that is for me to be healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you skin is clearing up!
    Also thank you for the comments you have left me the past couple of days. You are a blessing, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn! I cherish you friendship as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great about your skin! I watched Oprah today because they were talking about food... One of the guests talked about how eating healthy foods helped with so many things, including skin issues!

    It's so hard to have the discipline, though! At least it can be for me. Good for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete