Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Friday, March 5, 2010

It's a Birthday!

5 whole years...where did the time go? I wish I had her baby photo to show you. I just don't have the time to scan it and get it on the computer so I can show you, but it amazes me how fast she turned into a little lady! Right before my eyes, day by day, she has blossomed! I wasn't going to put a picture of her on this blog, but I couldn't help myself. So many of you don't have access to the other one, so here's one just for you!
Isn't her dress gorgeous?! Her little sister and I saw it in JC Penny's as we were going into the mall to redeem a free build-a-bear coupon. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to get it for my little princess! She loves EVERYTHING pink and EVERYTHING girly. This dress met both criteria, and guess what...it was 40% off!

For the next few days, she'll be dressing up miniature princesses, and swapping clothes on her webkinz animals!

Oh, and I found out that if you give my son some party hats, he will turn himself into an elephant and run around the house making horrible animal sounds for the next 3 hours!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little one! She's beautiful!! I hope both of you enjoy her day!! Blessings to you! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little princess! What a beautiful dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute. :)
    Hope she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little one! About slowing down.. I think life stopped while we lived in North Dakota, and I'm not sure I like life that slow, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm with you on that! If one goes too slow, you kind of loose all motivation in all areas of life! What's that saying "idle hands are the devils playground?" It's deffinately better to be busy than not! I have a dear friend who has to be very busy or she's not happy! It's just the way she was "wired" she says. lol

    I imagine that with almost 4 teenagers, there can just about only be one possible speed...and that woult be overdrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love her dress! My grandma used to make me dresses like that when I was a little girl, and I felt like a princess in them. I love little girls dressed in pretty summer dresses instead of dressed like they're all grown up. There's plenty of time to be a big girl, but you're a little girl for such a short time. Besides, they look so precious! Happy 5th Birthday sweet one!

    ReplyDelete