Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Join In On The Daybook, Click the Link Below!



For Today March 2nd, 2010...


Outside My Window~ It's snowing again! BIG, beautiful white snowflakes falling all over outside! What a blessing! What more can I ask for as I'm still partially stuck in bed all day?! I can't believe we are getting more snow here in Georgia.

I Am Hearing~ The music on my blog. I love it...it's really for me, so I can hear inspirational and God honoring music. I just hope some of you enjoy it as well, or have quick and easy access to your volume button/knob!

I Am Thinking~ that I really hope my back gets better today. I have so much that needs to be done. The dishes are all piled up, the laundry has consumed the laundry room and living room now, and my husband is getting on edge, the way he always does when the house is a mess. I made it to the chiropractor yesterday, but since my back got so bad that I couldn't even walk, I know it will take several days and probably another visit to get better. I just don't know if I can do either one of those. I have a birthday dinner and cake for Little Miss Princess on Thursday night, and I need the house clean, homemade lasagna made, and a few more errands ran for presents and stuff to make the cupcakes. Ugh

From The Learning Rooms~ We took the week off last week, since I was just trying to get through the days. We are back on top of it today. So far this year, I have been taking Friday's off and only doing school on Monday-Thursday. I think I'm going to change our day off to Mondays. I just have so much to do on Monday, and we almost always don't get school started until late in the afternoon. I'm trying it out for the next couple weeks to see if it works any better that way. I'm starting to look forward to next year, since my birthday girl will be starting the learning to read program then!

I'm Thankful For~ My laptop, so I'm not bored out of my mind, stuck here in bed. I have to say, I've been trying to look on the bright side of things, and just slowing down and enjoying the simple things that I don't get to enjoy normally, has been really nice!

I Am Going~ to Toys R Us, if I can muster up the strength later. I can't take a pain pill and drive, but I can take some Alieve and put my back brace on and hope for the best! I'm going to have to ice my back several more times though before I even think about it. So far I haven't made it through a store without a wheel chair though, so I'm not sure if we'll make it there today.

On My Mind~ how I'm going to get the dishes and laundry done. We can not afford to have hubby bring home anymore fast food for dinner.

From The Kitchen~ miracles, hopefully.

One Of My Favorite Things~ a beautiful thick snowfall, like we are getting this morning!

From My Picture Journal~

Looking Forward To Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I am so sorry that your back is hurting so badly.

    I will be praying for you to feel better and better, so you can be good to go for all of fun the birthday party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're still in pain. But it's good you're looking at the positives instead of the negatives. Just take it easy and don't overdue. My mom hurt her back real bad when I was 14 yrs old, and as the oldest I had to take care of the household and younger siblings. Even though I was tired, it was a blessing to know I could help my mom when she needed me. Find things the children can do for you; they will appreciate it as much as you do. Meantime, my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete