Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook~10/5/10

Head over to Peggy's blog to read more Daybook posts, or link up one of your own!


For Today~ October 5th, 2010

Outside my window~it's cool! It's finally cool outside. I'm so happy. I had to grab my sweater to sit on the porch with my coffee and bible. I love that....I've missed that throughout this long, hot summer!

On my mind~ my appointment with the Mercy Clinic administration today. I'm praying, really praying that we will meet their income guidelines. I am more than ready to see a doctor for the first official time in over 3 years. I want this diagnosis, but may the Lord's will be done!


I am wearing~ my favorite pj's that pass off for clothes. Black with tiny white polka dots. The top has a wide strip of white lace at the bottom, and the straps are white lace with black ribbon strung through them. So cute!


I am going~ to the clinic late this afternoon. I'm also picking up the new Karate Kyd movie from Redbox. We're excited, we've been waiting a long time to rent it for $1! Sure beats theatre prices doesn't it?!

From the learning rooms~ we are doing great with the new curriculum! It's a controversial curriculum, but I think it's absolutely awesome and I feel like it was made just for us! It's a lot more work, but we are loving it, and finding ways to still get everything else done!

I am creating~ a spectacular creation for my friends baby shower, and I can't wait to show you pictures after the shower is over!

I am reading~ just my bible right now. I'm fixin to start reading Dave Ramsey's books though.

From the kitchen~ menu plans again. I need to make them to stay on budget with the groceries, and remember what's in the cabinets and deep freeze! Sometimes I buy stuff for meals, and forget it's there, so I buy more groceries when I don't need to.

Around the house~ cartoons, schoolwork, washer & dryer going. Typical day!

A few plans for the rest of the week~ cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and organizing! I feel like it's a lifelong process that will never truly be complete. As long as we're headed in the right direction, I guess that's what counts. I really need to finish painting the hallway too. I stopped half way up the stairs because I don't know how I'm going to reach. We need to find a solution and finish! Hubby says I'm the Queen of half finished projects...sad but true. There is just so much going on and so much to do!

From my picture journal~

A glimpse of our day Saturday at the free "Faith Fest!" Our local Methodist Church does everything they can to make as much of it free to the public as possible. I'm so thankful for that! The kids had an absolute blast, and I needed the day away from the house, and all the responibilities and stress. These bounce houses were HUGE and it was so fun to watch the kids play all day!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'd do without a menu plan. Like you, I'd buy things without realizing I already had them at home, or was stuck as to what I wanted to cook because I didn't have a plan. The menu plan has been a tremendous blessing to me (and my budget!).

    Still praying for your appointment. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9).

    Love the picture! So glad the kids enjoyed themselves and everyone got a much needed break. Now, back to business! Have a blessed and productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be distressing to be wondering and waiting on your appointment. Praise God that He is faithful. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really agree with you on the cleaning and organizing!! I was just thinking about that the other day. It seems like I clean a room and turn around and it needs to be done again.

    I'm praying for your appointment and that you'll be able to get into the doctor. Waiting on His timing can be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete