Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in; Almost there

Well, I made my goal for the week. I lost exactly 2 pounds this week! It's an exciting little benchmark, because that puts me up to 35.1 total pounds lost; and I got to put up another badge on my left sidebar! :) The really exciting part, is that I have two weeks left until my birthday, and if I keep up the 2 pounds a week until then, I will be at the halfway mark on my birthday! Halfway to my ultimate and final weight loss goal of 77.7 pounds! I'm feeling good, and am confident in my reaching that halfway mark! So, we're almost there....2 more weeks. During these two weeks, I am going to focus on two specific things; getting in more water, and getting in more exercise.

I've noticed that now that I've gone 7 months only drinking water, that I don't focus as much on how much I'm actally intaking. In the beginning, I was so focused and structured about measuring how much I was drinking, and drinking glasses at certain times each day. I had to be. I hated water, and had to force myself to drink enough. I would reward myself with tea and milk, and 100% juice. Now that I LOVE water, and only have a cup of hot decaffinated tea on a really cold day, I don't focus on it. That has lead me to not get enough in, I think. I'm finding that I'm thirsty shortly before bedtime, and I can't drink that close to bedtime. So, I'm going to focus on consuming more in the day, and see if that helps!

Then there's the exercise thing. I've been really bad since Christmas and company, on getting it in everyday. Another thing I was GREAT about before. 6 days a week, without fail. Now I find myself getting in 2-4. Not good. I don't want to lose the muscle I've gained, I want to keep it and build MORE so I'll be keeping that metabolism high! Plus, I really notice a difference in my waist. Even though I've lost weight, my waist hasn't changed much. Not good either. The first thing I noticed when I exercised faithfully everyday, was how drastically my waist was decreasing! Got to get back to that...otherwise, how will I fit into those beautiful skirts I'm stocking my closet with! ;) (Thank you Mission Thrift Store) lol!

Thanks for being with me on this journey! It's so incredibly hard for me to lose the weight slowly. I want those numbers to fall fast, and to be honest, it's been a struggle barely seeing the scale move each week. I was really hard in October and November to increase my calories when I was losing too fast. I wanted to rejoice and take the big loses. But I can see why my doctors said to do it this way. It does make for lasting change! It makes for a happy, healthy body that has time to adjust to the changes too! Even though there are times I mentally break, and eat something I shouldn't, because I know it won't change the meager numbers I see each week, it's much easier to go back to eating the right way the next meal. It's easier because you know it's a managable lifestlye. It's not a cruel, depriving diet that seems impossible to keep up, so the desire to quit isn't really there.

I see so many of you reading that don't comment, and that's okay! It's encouraging to know you are reading, and that I'm not alone in this. My prayer is that something I say or share honestly, will help you in your own journey as well! Til next week...

3 comments:

  1. What a great, sincere post! You are inspiring me to get back to what I know is right for me and my health. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're doing it slow and not trying to lose weight quickly. Not only will the results last, you'll feel better, and any lesson in patience is a good one!

    I also drink only water except in the mornings when I have my one cup of coffee. I tried to give it up but it's really hard. I'm thankful that at least I've been able to reduce it to only one cup a day.

    Exercise isn't just your complaint. We've become a society of comforts. So much has made our lives easier that we've become a lazy nation, which is funny because there's so much emphasis on exercising on TV, one of the biggest exercise busters there are! I do hope you find ways to get motivated to exercise. The more you exercise, the more energy you'll have, which sounds like a contradiction but it's how our bodies were created.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Kristi, you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete