Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shop2

Okay, so here is the picture I thought I would have for you yesterday! Three sides up, and one side to go. Next was the roof, because we were supposed to get rain the next day...so the roof had to go on before the rest of the siding. Only problem was, we ran out of daylight and shingles, so he cut part of a tarp and nailed it on until we could get more daylight and bring the rest of the shingles around to the back of the house.
Here's a picture I took today. All 4 sides are done, and the corner pieces are put on. Two sides of the shop are painted, and the two sides that are showing, have yet to be painted...just primed. But that's pretty close to the color it will be...it matches the color of the vinyl siding on the house pretty closely. He still has to finish the roof, and run all the wiring. Then will come insulation and walls for the inside.


I was supposed to paint today and be a big help, but that didn't happen. I woke up with my back hurting, and by noon, I couldn't hardly walk. I laid down in bed and iced my back for a while, and when I went to get back up, I couldn't. Since hubby and the kids were outside, I was on my own. It took me 5 minutes and a lot of tears to slide out of the bed and onto my hands on knees on the floor. I crawled all the way into the dinning room(which took another 5 minutes) so I could reach the phone and call the chiropractor. He wasn't at the office, and no one was at the other office either. Out of desperation, I called my old chiropractor, and they didn't answer the phone either. Then my husband came in the house, and saw me on my hands on knees and knew I was in trouble. He asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital, but I didn't think they could do anything for me, and we can't afford for me to go there unless my life is at stake. My oldest son helped me crawl up the stairs and brought me a towel into the bathroom. I somehow managed to run a bath, and got in the tub. (I'm really glad no one saw me trying to do that!) The hot water loosened my back up enough for me to walk for a couple minutes at a time, and gave me a few minutes to cry without anyone seeing or hearing me. I have a very high pain tolerance, but that's just too much. I prayed and prayed, and felt better by the time I came back downstairs.

With the Lord's help, some Advil liquid gels, Excedrin back and body, and a wheelchair, we made it through Walmart to get some groceries. My son pushed me all the way through the store, while my husband pushed the cart and grabbed the stuff I pointed out. Now I'm back in bed praying for the Lord to heal me enough to make it to church tomorrow. I'm sure all the lifting I did to help build the shop caused this, but what am I to do? Hubby needed my help. If I could of just made it to the chiropractor last week, I'm sure I could have avoided this, but I didn't have a vehicle to get there. I just pray for the Lord's strength, grace, and healing. I'm focusing on all the great and wonderful things in my life, instead of the pain. My beautiful youngest daughter is sleeping next to me right now...so precious.

Here's to making it through the weekend!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I hope you're feeling better today. I'll be praying for you.

    The shed is looking very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete