Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook~2/15/10




FOR TODAY... February 15th, 2010

Outside my window... we have partial sun after some light snow this morning. Nothing accumulated though, and the snow we previously got has melted. My hubby took the day off to work on building his shed, and I can see him through my kitchen window and french doors off the living room. He is so talented. I love to watch him work and build things. My oldest son is out there helping him until I can get his schoolwork ready!

I am thinking...of how I wish I could hire a maid. Not for everyday, but just once and a while for days like today, when there is so much to do, that I know it won't all get done.

I am thankful for...books. I love to read books. Not fiction, but christian growth books. They have really been a blessing in my life and my walk with the Lord.

I am wearing...we aren't going to talk about what I'm wearing because it's 12:17 here, and I'm not wearing what I should be wearing in the afternoon!

I am going...to the Post Office and ATM later today. Maybe even to the grocery store too, since I'm missing a few important items.

I am currently reading... "Created To Be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl has to go back to the Library tomorrow. It has been just wonderful so far. I actually apologized to my husband a couple days ago for my actions and attitudes at times. I told him that I didn't know how much what I did affected him, or what I did not do. This book explains the three different kinds of men, and how a wife can make him, or brake him, so to speak. Very informative..I wish I had read it years ago. I'm going to buy this book and finish reading it. I think it's a good one to have to read over again time and time again, and to loan out. Until then, I will start reading "The Thyroid Solution."

On my mind...next years school curriculum plan. It's time to get it figured out since I will be purchasing it before the school year starts.

Noticing that...Winter has lasted a long time this year. It's been much colder on average as well. My husband says, "that's not what I moved here for!"

Pondering these words... I have a new place at the top of my blog where I am putting weekly quotes. These are the words that I ponder throughout the week!

From the kitchen...mounds of dished to be done, at least they are all rinsed. I need to mop the floor too. I think another potato dish tonight. Maybe some southern style biscuits as well.

Around the house... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

From my picture journal...



For More Daybook posts, go on over to Peggy's blog! She will now be posting and putting up the link on Tuesdays. Mine will still be here on Monday, since that's the schedule I've started, and I have a different Tuesday link up.

7 comments:

  1. I love the same kind of books that you do. Right now I am reading The Power Of A Positive Mom. (I like it!) I need to read the one that you are reading. I need all of the right kind of help that I can get.

    Have a good week!

    P.S. I am probably wearing what you are wearing and it's currently 1:10 PM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Sisterhood of the pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it... with my parents here for the weekend, i look around the house now... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought of getting a maid at times too, but then I realize how picky I am, and that I'd be re-doing everything the maid already did, and that just defeats the purpose.

    I'm a member of that sisterhood too - I finally got out of my pj's after lunch! They're just so comfortable!

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear friend, I'm back and I have missed you and your blog ever so much!! We have had 3 months of computer issues over here and we finally got it running again tonight. I tend to catch up on reading your blog real soon after I read my 415 e-mails...yikes!! I hope you visit soon, missed you and love to hear from you soon! Blessings to you dear blogger friend!! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about comfy clothes were they P.J.'s by any chance! :) I'm also looking into the curriculum for next year. And the book by Debi Pearl sounds very interesting, probably something I should read! :) Have a great day, friend♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I enjoyed your daybook and I LOVE your picture thought...lol, very cute!

    ReplyDelete