Weekly Quote

"The Gospel is a woman's first and most important discipline, for it is the source of godliness."
~ Barbara Hughes, Disciplines of a Godly Woman

Weekly Memory Verse

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.." 2 Peter 1:3

Monday, November 22, 2010

Move It Monday

Well, once again, I am LATE getting my post up! I am pleased to say that it is because I have been moving it today, and it's not because I have been lazy! =)

First thing this morning, I had to get everyone breakfast and get them ready to head out the door. We went to the clinic to get my lab slip and check on my test results from the last round of blood work. My thyroid tests came back normal, so now they want to do a pelvic ultrasound to try and figure out why I have issues with regularity and frequency of cycles.

All my inflammation tests were really elevated, so they are repeating the CRP test, and also testing specifically for RA and one other test, that I can't remember the name of. So much going on, but after 3 years of no doctors, weird health issues, and no where to turn, I am just so, so thankful to be getting all this done! I was so blessed to get a hold of the PA, and she took the time to go over my chart with me. She brought me back into a room, and discussed all the tests I've already had done, what their results mean, what further testing they want to do, and why. She also got me scheduled for a brain MRI next Tuesday. I am SOOOOOO thankful for this. My mom and I just weren't comfortable not having one. With her having MS, I have a 50/50 chance of having it too. We weren't comfortable with just labeling my symptoms as being from fibroymyalgia, and not having an MRI to check for MS. This test should bring us some peace, no matter what the results are! Please continue to pray with me about all this! Many symptoms have been greatly helped by the fibromyalgia medicine I've been on for over a month now, but there are still many that haven't improved.

So, for the rest of today, I am going through the last of the 30 loads of clothes I washed. I got rid of soooo many things, and it felt incredible! Now, we are packing up what we don't need right now, and deciding if there's any thing else we can get rid of. Soon, I will have my table back for Thanksgiving dinner!

I have decided to cook for just me and the kids. I am going to make it special for them, even though it will just be us. We were invited to eat with several different families, but I felt it should just be us. We have so much that our family is going through right now, and God has given us so much to be thankful for in the midst of all of it. I want the kids and I to have a special time to reflect on all that! We will also pull out the little Christmas tree, and decorate it after we eat! I just can't break the tradition, I just can't! =) We'll leave the big tree for Kansas, Lord willing, and for Daddy to do it with us! But the kids need their little tree!

Have a great week everyone, and thanks again for visiting me on this wonderful Monday! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you putting up a little Christmas tree. The children need continuity, especially in this time when their daddy is far away. I'm sure your Thanksgiving will be special, because you realize the importance of giving thanks and you're teaching your children to show gratitude. God is so wonderful and has done over and above what we could ever imagine, even in times of trouble and doubt. He is always there, in the good times and the bad, and we should be thankful.

    Have a blessed week. I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they're being thorough in the testing.

    Great idea about the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow guys, I have NO IDEA how this post got so chopped up. I'm surprised you could even understand what I was writting! lol! I hope I got it all fixed now.

    ReplyDelete